Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Saturday 26 June 2010

Valle Adurni on Anglican difficulties

Fr Finnegan at Valle Adurni has had several reflective and sympathetic articles on his blog this week about the issues facing Anglo-Catholics and Anglicans less likely to make the transit of the Tiber. He looks at the issue of taking one's church with one - he is not optimistic , at Anglican priestly formation - commented on by Fr Hunwicke, and at the decline in traditional Anglo-Catholic parishes - all of us former Anglicans have witnessed that. These are pieces well worth looking at, and have been picked up by some of the other blogs.

He stresses the need for the prayers and charity of Catholics who want to see those who believe as they do gathered into full communion.

1 comment:

Pastor in Monte said...

Thanks for the kind comments.
God bless.